Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Communion of Saints – My Favorite Catholic Doctrine

Why? Because it means there’s room for me. It means that the body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body. It means that even though I’m not eloquent like Jenny or Jen or politically astute like TQ or find cool stuff on the web like Tara, still I belong. I’m important, the eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable.

And so it is with those we wish to sweep away from our lives so casually. So it is with the sick, the infirm, with those who are different, those who can’t “contribute”, with those who’s lives may inconvenience us, with those who’s lives are lived in the permafrost playground of IVF clinic cryobanks, with those who’ve been cast off by the very people who’s mission it is to care for them.

I wish I could help, but try as I might the doors just all seam to be closed, but I trust in the Lord and I know he has the perfect plan for my life and for theirs.

Jesus I trust in you. Open our eyes to the sanctity of life, of marriage, help us Lord to rend our hearts not our garments this Lenten season and through out the year. Amen.

1 comment:

BILLY BOLIITHO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.