Monday, June 2, 2008

The Homemaking Arts

I don’t have a great deal of experience with homemaking skills, but I’ve noticed that the more time I spend caring for my home and my husband the happier I am. I have a whole list of “retirement” skills I would like to develop that include sewing, gardening, quilting, and just this weekend I was talking to Hubby about learning to can.

I live in a rural area and I always enjoy the 4H projects at the county fair, but I grew up in the burbs and have never canned a thing in my life, so imagine my delight when I stumbled across this blog about canning today. I found her via a link at Home Schooling With Joy.

Peggy at The Simple Woman’s Cannery blog is having a gift away for some canning essentials and so I’ve joined in the fun. How cool is that for a summer starter!!

St. Anne patron of homemakers, pray for us.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, canning! I've only tried a few times. When I was hugely pregnant with my second daughter. In summer. Which honestly, was not the best idea! Boy, the kitchen gets hot, quick!

I picked up the Idiot's guide to canning, I'm hoping to can some of the peaches from my tree this year :)

Thanks for the link, I'll have to sign up for the freebie!