Friday, December 12, 2008

7 Super Quick Takes – The Gratitude Edition

Jen at Conversion Diary is hosting another episode of 7 quick takes.

1

I’m grateful for orthodox Catholic bloggers that remind me that I’m not alone in a cafeteria of dissent.

2

I’m grateful for Hubby who’s been by my side in good times and bad for 18 years as of December 22nd.

3

I’m grateful for his conversion to Christ only a few months after mine.

4

I’m grateful for the blessing of our son. I had yearned for a child for so long I had almost given up hope, but 2008 was the year everything changed.

5

I’m grateful that our son still believes in Santa. This Christmas will be our best ever.

6

I’m grateful for the Christian school in our community, and I’m grateful for our Priest who suggested I consider a Christ centered Protestant school over the Catholic in name only alternative.

7

I’m grateful that there is another 4th grade boy from our Parish at our son’s school. They are quickly becoming fast friends and the warmth of parish life I recall from childhood is all coming back to me as our son and his friend carpool from school to CCD, see each other at Mass each Sunday and at Feast days and are planning to become alter servers together.

Thank you Lord for these and all the blessings you pour into my life.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing!

Anne Marie said...

Thanks Jen, although I think the baby hormones may be kicking in big time about now. I wasn’t shooting for a tear jerker I just wake up every morning feeling like I’ve won the lotto!